DEAN SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
E-mail Address: email@example.com
College E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of Birth — Ikot Ubo-Ubium
Nationality — Nigerian
State of Origin — Akwa Ibom
Local Govt. Area: — Nsit Ubium
Marital Status: — Married
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES:
- Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria, ND (Food Technology) — 1982
- University of Lagos, Akoka, Nigeria, BSc. (Hons.) (Biology Ed.) — 1990
- University of Uyo, Nigeria MSc. (Botany) — 2003
- University of Uyo, Nigeria Ph.D (Plant Physiology & Phytochemistry) — 2017
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND DISTINCTION
- Meritorious Award for Teaching Effectiveness by the Management of the College of Education, Afaha Nsit, Akwa Ibom State (2011/2012).
- Tertiary Trust Fund Research Project Award (2011-2012) Merge Intervention, College of Education, Afaha Nsit, Akwa Ibom State.
- Tertiary Trust Fund Academic manuscripts/Book Publication Development Award (2012-2013).
- Tertiary Trust Fund Academic Staff Training and Development Award for Ph. D Programme in Botany, University of Uyo, Uyo-Nigeria. (2011/2012-2013-2014) merged intervention.
- Tertiary Trust Fund Research Project Award (2012-2014) Merge intervention, College of Education, Afaha Nsit, Akwa Ibom State.
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION AND RESEARCH INTEREST
Field of Specialization: Plant Physiology and Phytochemistry
- Phytochemistry of selected Crop Plants grown in the Niger Delta Region, Nigeria;
- Toxicological Potentials of selected Vegetable Crops grown in the Niger Delta Region, Nigeria;
- Field and Laboratory investigations on Remediation and Augmentation treatments of the Niger Delta Agricultural Polluted soils with organic and inorganic supplements using Manihot esculenta CRANTZ and Capsicum annum as test crops.
Dr. Samuel R. Osu has attended several conferences/workshops organized by BOSON, IRDI, SASCP, STAN, NARD, TRC, and ASSEQUEN etc. He has to his credit more than thirty two (32) scientific articles in some reputable Local and International Journals and authored a text titled: Plant Anatomy and Histology sponsored by TET-FUND.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION
- Botanical Society of Nigeria (BOSON).
- Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (MSTAN).
- Association for Encouraging Qualitative Education in Nigeria. (ASSEQUEN).
- International Research and Development Institute (IRDI)-Uyo, Nigeria.
- South Africa Society of Crop Production (SASCP).
- National Association for Research Development (NARD).
- Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRC).
SPECIAL DUTIES WITH DATES:
- Part Time Teaching Appointment under consultancy services, AKS College of Agriculture, Obio – Akpa, Oruk Anam L. G. A. – 7th August, 2003.
- Seminar Coordinator for the Department of Science Laboratory Technology, AKS -College of Agriculture, Obio – Akpa, Oruk Anam L.G.,A. – 10 the March, 2004.
- Exams Officer of Board of Studies – School of continuing Education; AKS – College of agriculture, Obio – Akpa, Oruk Anam L. G. A. – 30th January, 2006.
- Appointment as Seminar / Journal Committee, AKS. College of Agriculture, Obio – Akpa, Oruk Anam L.G.A – 12th July, 2007.
- Appointment as member into Facilities Committee – College of Education, Afaha Nsit – 21th January, 2010.
- Member, Constitution of School of Science, 3rd Annual Conference, College of Education, (2012).
- Member, Examination Monitoring, College of Education Afaha Nsit, – (2013/2014 – 2014/2015) session.
- Chairman, Research and Publication Committee, School of Science, College of Education Afaha Nsit. (2014/2015 & 2015/2016).
- Member, Library Committee – College of Education Afaha Nsit – 27th January, 2016.
- Appointment as Head of Department of Biology, School of Science, College of Education, Afaha Nsit, for 2013/2014 – 2016/2017 Sessions.
- Appointment as Chairman of Research and Publication Committee, School of science College of education, Afaha Nsit- 28th August 2017.
- Appointment as Member, School of Science Results Consideration Committee, College of Education, Afaha Nsit, P.M.B. Etinan Akwa Ibom State, 22nd Nov., 2017.
- Appointment as Editor, Nucleus marks Development Institute in Association with MEF (NIGERIA) LTD, June 2018.
- Member- Appointment into College Convocation Committee, College of Education Afaha Nsit, 20 March 2019.
- Appointment into Committee for Production and Publication of School of Science Practical Manual/Workbook for NCE 1 Student, 30 May, 2019.
- Appointment into Committee to Review School of Science Students Handbook, 30 May, 2019.
- Appointment into School of Science Investment Committee, 30 May, 2019
- Request to hold the Fort in the Office of the Deputy Provost (Academic), 10 – 14 June, 2019.
- Offer of Appointment for part-time teaching under the directorate of degree programme, for 2018/2019 academic session – University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Nigeria.
LIST OF COURSES TAUGHT BETWEEN (2008/2009 – 2019/2020) SESSIONS AKWA IBOM STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AFAHA NSIT, DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY.
- 113 – Viruses, Bacteria and Lower plants.
- 114 – Biology practical (1).
- 115 – Ecology.
- 122 – Diversity, Anatomy and Histology of Spermatophytes.
- 124 – Plant Pathology.
- 125 – Biology Practical (11)
- 211 – Plant Anatomy
- 221 – Plant Physiology.
- 224 – Biology Practical (IV).
- 322 – Applied Biology.
- 311 – Teaching Practice.
- 323 – Research Project.
COURSES TAUGHT AT THE DIRECTORATE OF DEGREE PROGRAMME, (2019-2020) ACADEMIC YEAR, AKWA IBOM STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AFAHA NSIT.
- (i). BIO 111: General Biology 1
- (ii). BIO 121: General Biology 2
- (iii). BIO 212: General Physiology 1