You are welcomed to the Admissions Unit of Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit, a unit saddled with the responsibility of processing admission for qualified candidates into the various academic programmes offered by the College, using the prescribed rules and regulations. The College admits candidates into NCE programmes and Degree programmes, the degree prgrammes are affiliated to the University of Uyo. Presently admissions are moderated by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board [JAMB]. Candidate who are given admission by JAMB are later subjected to a Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination [PUTME] screening exercise.
The Admission Unit is headed by the Admission Officer.
MODE OF ADMISSION
Admission into Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit can be done through the following ways;
- UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) Entry: For candidates with a minimum of five (5) credits on O’level examinations in relevant subjects who registered for a UTME Examination and scored a minimum of 100 for NCE and 180 for Degree and most put College in Jamb as first choice of Institution.
- Through Direct Entry: For candidates who desire to be admitted into 200 or 300 level of a degree programme, depending on their grade qualification. The entry qualification for Direct Entry admission include: – possession of ‘A’ level certificate from a recognized body, National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma Certificates (HND). The candidates are expected to purchase a Direct Entry Form and do an on-line registration on the website of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must put College in Jamb as first choice of Institution.
- All the candidates are expected to purchase the Admission form online through the official College Website www.askscoe.edu.ng
Responsibilities of the Admission Unit
- The Admission Unit Coordinates the entire activities of the admissions process fairly through College Admissions Board. The Akwa Ibom State College of Education announces the commencement of its admissions through both Internal and External Advertisement such as the College website, College Official Bulletin and Newspaper.
- The Unit verifies the Results of the newly admitted students with all the examining bodies.
- Processing and conducting matriculation ceremony for all fresh students.
- Responsible for the provision of information on admissions to the Academic Board and Management.
- The Unit liaises with JAMB on behalf of the College on all matters relating to admission regulations and policies.
- The Unit is responsible for processing the admission of the College Affiliated Institutions and the Continuing Education Centre (CEC).
- The Unit is responsible for the provision of admission statistics for Schools and Departments in the College for official use during each admission year.
REGULARIZATION OF ADMISSIONS
This is an aspect of the responsibilities of the Admissions Office. Certain candidates wangle their way into the admission status. The circumstances may not be explained here hence it is categorized under irregular admissions.
Admissions Office has a window through which such admissions are regularized using by a certain form issued by JAMB called “indemnity” form which allow the candidates to down load and print the form. The form is filled and submitted for endorsement after which it is sent back to JAMB for the regularization process.